What is dermaplaning and is it the right facial treatment for you?
For people who are interested in various skin care options, exfoliating treatments are most effective in both restoring and replenishing your skin. If your face is in need of a deep exfoliating treatment, you have two effective options to consider that are popular today:
Microdermabrasion and dermaplaning.
Microdermabrasion offers incredible benefits from its deep exfoliation procedure that is detailed in our previous article. In this post, we’d like to give you all the information you need to know about dermaplaning, so you can make the best possible decision for your own personal skin care treatment.
What is dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning is described as a gentle scraping of the top layer of your skin. During this procedure, your esthetician first cleans and tones your face with products that best suit your skin type. Then your skin care specialist will use a surgical blade at a 45-degree angle and gently shave the superficial hair and dead/damaged skin cells off the surface of your face. Once this procedure is done, a facial mask will be applied to soothe and nourish the skin, followed by a spf moisturizer.
Having a surgical blade scrape on your skin may sound dangerous and painful, but it is safe and will not hurt you or your skin in any way.
What are the benefits of dermaplaning and is it the right treatment for you?
Dermaplaning is one of the most popular procedures done today because it is effective, convenient and chemical free. Dermaplaning exfoliation brings immediate results and there is little redness or skin sensitivity after the treatment, so no after-care is necessary. This type of procedure is perfect for people with busy lifestyles who can make an appointment for this procedure over a lunchbreak and go straight back to work without showing any signs of irritation on your face.
Dermaplaning does not use any chemicals in the exfoliation process. It is a completely safe procedure, so it can even be done on pregnant or nursing women. This is also an excellent option for people who are concerned about exposing their skin to chemicals for any particular health reasons.
What skin types do NOT benefit from dermaplaning? There are some skin types that would not respond well to this procedure due to the condition of their skin. If your skin falls into the following categories, this type of exfoliation process is not a good option for you.
- Those with very mature thin skin
- Those with extremely sensitive skin
- Those who have severe acne
- Those who have untreated rosacea
- Those who have any visible lesions
What are the benefits of dermaplaning? This type of deep exfoliation produces great results similar to microdermabrasion, but using a different approach. After your esthetician gently shaves off the upper layer of your old dead skin cells, fresh radiant skin will be revealed!
Dermaplaning treatments will produce the following results in your skin:
- You will see instant changes in your skin’s appearance. This type of treatment shows immediate results with no recovery time.
- Your skin will look more youthful and radiant. Scraping off that dead layer of skin will reveal the new fresh skin underneath.
- Your skin’s cell reproduction rate will increase. With more cell turnover, your skin will be regularly replenished creating healthier looking skin.
- Your make-up application will be easier. Since your skin’s surface is much smoother from the exfoliation process, applying make-up will be easier and give you optimal benefits in enhancing your appearance.
- Your skin will have fewer fine lines and wrinkles. Shaving off the top layer of your skin also helps remove those fine lines and wrinkles.
- Your skin’s pigmentation problems will improve. Any discoloration or age spots on your face will fade, especially with multiple treatments.
- Any unwanted facial hair will be removed. Because this exfoliation process shaves off the top layer of your skin, it also will remove unwanted facial hair.
Dermaplaning is one of the most popular forms of exfoliation because it’s convenient, chemical free, and highly effective in producing immediate results! Like microdermabrasion, you will have healthier and better-looking skin with multiple treatments.
New Day Spa skin care specialists offer specialized dermaplaning treatments as well as microdermabrasion, so call and schedule your appointment today!
New Day Spa in Granville, Ohio 740.522.0772